- The initial service plan the provider received would be ended and a new service plan created
- There may be a decrease, increase, service eliminated, added service or some other change to service delivery
- The provider may be unaware of the changes and continue to deliver services at the previous level
- This could result in denied claims or billing that will need to be voided or adjusted
- Providers may not be aware of changes. Provider will need the current SA and the new SA.
- If a provider does not have a service authorization with a PA number, claims may deny. Claims may also continue to be paid out of the PA number that hasn’t ended which would result in providers having to void claims.
Have more questions? Submit a request